Labels

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Recycle - LNS Challenge

This week's LNS challenge was to use a recycled item in our project, and I used a pistachio jar for mine.  I almost didn't get this challenge done as this was a very, very hard and difficult week for my son's football team.  One of his teammates died in a car accident this past weekend, and I just didn't have the time or energy to stamp.  So I went for an easy project - I used sticky strip tape to secure the c/s strip to the jar, and then layered different image that I had stamped using the set, Betsy's Blossom.  Here's the rest of the details:




The empty jar with the twine inside; as you can see,
I wrap my twine around empty spools

Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms
Inks: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green
Papers: Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon, Scissors, Dimensionals, Baker's Twine, Plastic Jar, Sticky Strip Tape

One last add on.....I used the little itty bitty hangers from the packaging of a shower curtain and liner to hold my Stampin' Up! fabric:


5 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great recycling idea and done so well Eileen. The little jar looks so cute and colourful. I'm now your latest follower. TFS.

MJ said...

I just love these bright fun colors. Awesome project, who would of thought! Super job.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

I think you did an awesome job on your twine holder. Love the bright colours. You showed everyone that recycling can be fun!!

Kris Sobolik said...

Great recycling idea!

Carrie Rhoades said...

I love your idea for storing SU! fabric!!!