Labels

Thursday, April 19, 2012

LNS Pink, Green and Yellow Challenge

My husband's nephew and his wife had a baby girl last week, and I needed a baby card to go along with the gift I bought them.  So this week's challenge was perfect for me, and I used these colors to make a onesie baby girl card.  My idea for this card came from one that I saw on SCS, and you can view the card HERE.

I used a regular sized card and cut the sleeves 1/4" down and 1" in.  I used a 1-3/8" Circle Punch for the holes at the top and bottom and then used a Scallop Circle Punch for the accent trim.  It's very easy to punch out the accent pieces:

First you punch out a circle on a scrap piece of cardstock using the 1-3/8" circle punch:


Next you line up the circle in the scallop punch as show below:


Very simple way to make accent pieces and this idea works with a lot of our other punches as well.  I used a lot of punches for this challenge to make the flowers (Boho Blossoms Punch), eyelet trim (Eyelet Border Punch), Sleeve Trim (Scallop Trim Border Punch), 1/4" Circle Punch for the bottom snaps and I used the Bird Builder Punch for the leaves.  Added So Saffron brads in the middle of the flowers and matching ribbon. Here's the details:

Stamps: Pennant Parade (saying)
Inks: Pear Pizzazz
Papers: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dot EF, So Saffron Brads and Ribbon, Punches: Word Window, Boho Blossom, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle, Eyelet Border, Scallop Trim Border, Bird Builder and 1/4" Circle Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Scissors, Dimensionals, Mini-Glue Dots

6 comments:

Dawn Dickinson said...

This is so cute Eileen! Thanks for sharing it.

Jonia said...

Wow Eileen this is just too cute! I love all the trim and the little flowers. Just beautiful and thanks for joining our LNS challenge!

Kris Sobolik said...

Very cute, I love the way you added trim and flowers. Thanks for joining the LNS challenge!

inkedx2 said...

OMG this is adorable. I love the little ruffle you created on the bum! This is a great card for this challenge. Thanks for playing with us this week!

craftystamper said...

As soon as I saw what you created, I went "Ahhh" You created something absolutely adorable. Loved the little ruffles.

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

Just stopped over from Stampin' Connection to check out your blog, and it looks amazing! This baby card is so adorable. I'm your newest follower, and I hope you'll come visit and follow me too. www.stampandscrapwithbrenda.blogspot.com